Sunday, May 21, 2006

My Bridal Dress

Had to blog this.

Had been looking for vintage/avant-garde. Experimenting is fun. But minimalist turned out better for the lagoon wedding. Bridal dress magazines are very educational and they kick butt!


Just so I can remember when I'm old:

My bridal dress is: traditional/minimalist.
colour: rice-ish white, matching coloured veil (curtesy of my 5-auntie in Taiwan)
material: rice-coloured see-through organza over satin + crystal beads
back: very pretty V-shaped lace-up corset with thick white satin ribbons. And a "modesty panel" to hide my behind, which would have shown at the base of the "V". WORD: It is a mechanical wonder.
front: sleeve-less, straight across chest. With beading across the chest. Organza gathers at right waist, where beading is also added.
train: short train
hair ornament: found these great diamonte clips on Cross St. in Double Bay
shoes: pretty silvery shoes with shiny little beads, from the Bay in Ottawa!

7 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. ... (You know, I don't think I know what your husband's last name is; so I'll just have to leave it at, "Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Ellipsis!")

Peace and love and all the fun things in life,
michelle.

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got married and didn't say a thing?!!

Rex.

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And congratulations!! :D

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger jessica said...

Sorry! I thought I'd told everyone already? Remember the dinner at Mistura? But anyway, it was a small wedding on the Gold Coast, and only family attended. We're going to have a party of course, when we visit Canada :)

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello cutie pie!!

Good thing you started this blog - you're toooo far away!!! Which is not gOOd but can be somewhat remedied through the posting of pictures!!!!! Pictures please!!!! I need to check out your fab life down under!
missing you muchly,

Alex (the Czar)

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got married??? I didn't know a thing! Congratulations. Planning to visit NY soon?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home